Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Trip to Auburn University



On Saturday 22nd October, 2011, I left Suriname together with my father, mother and brother to go to Auburn, Alabama in the United States. That morning we took the flight to Trinidad where we landed safely.However, we had to wait five hours for our flight to Miami. Next, we went to Atlanta, Georgia, where we slept for the night and the next day, we made our way to Alabama by car.
The main purpose of the trip was to visit Auburn University and to get firsthand experience of what it is like at the university. Auburn is on the top of my list of universities to attend so I decided to visit. My father’s colleague is a professor at Auburn University, Montgomery and we stayed by him. While I was there, I got the chance to get see the university, get a campus tour, tour the engineering department, meet with the swim coach and also have a meeting with Admission Advisors.
I visited the university’s website but being there was totally different. I was impressed with the University’s facilities and their reception of me as a potential foreign student. The trip was an amazing experience and one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life.