Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Michelle Chow's Valedictorian sppech -AlphaMax Academy Class of 2015

Dr. Merkus, Chair of the AlphaMax Academy Board of Directors, Fellow distinguished board members, Distinguished Guest Speaker Ambassador Subrashini,Other Distinguished Guests, Academy staff, Parents, family, friends, fellow students it is a great honor to speak on behalf of the class of 2015.

First and for most I would like thank God for giving me the opportunity to stand here tonight!

Michelle Chow
For the last two months, we have been counting down to this day. Now we are finally here feeling both excited and nervous. We are finally at the end of this stage of our lives. We are ready for the next stage.

There are times where I think that I was destined to come and study at the academy. It was my mother who convinced me to come to this school. In my first days I felt unsure of my English speaking and writing skills. I was not a fluent speaker. I had to work on my grammar and writing every day in school. It was difficult and not exciting.

Last year I was invited to enter the GAC class, but I personally I did not feel up to the task. Both Mr. Taylor and Mr. Drepaul, however, convinced me that I would do well on the GAC course. And here I am today, valedictorian, speaking on behalf of the GAC class and the Graduating class of 2015. The GAC course has made me and my group confident to face the next level of academic work and to face society and its challenges.

Today I would like to thank all our teachers, parents and family members for supporting and believing in us. To all the teachers who watched and helped us grow, I know we all have caused lots of headaches and maybe even heartaches. I want to thank you all for not giving up on us and for continuing to believe in us.

Michelle Chow 
Mr. Drepaul who is the head of the GAC class did not only teach us but he did also guided and prepared us for our further studies. He likes to sit and talk about life for hours. Many of us were not thrilled by these talks.

There were many times where we did not want to hand in our assignments just because we were lazy. But Mr.Drepaul still stayed with us, so thank you Mr. Drepaul for all your patience and for everything you have done for us. You were always there for us! Thank you!

Mr. Taylor, I really do not know where to start with you! The first year when I came here I was so scared of you. I don’t even know why! When I am at school I think about Mr. Taylor, when I do homework and assignments I think about Mr. Taylor, even at night when I sleep I dream about Mr. Taylor! His name, his voice is engraved in my head.

It is really hard to express my thoughts when it comes to Mr. Taylor! But, after getting to know him better, I realized that he could also as sweet as chocolate! So right now, I am not scared of Mr. Taylor anymore! And guess what, he is my favorite teacher now! He taught us all the important aspects of life. He tried to prepare us for our upcoming battles in college. I’m pretty sure most of the parents know that Mr. Taylor likes to teach overtime. But please understand that it is because he just wants to teach us as much as he can!

So Mr. Taylor, on behalf of the class of 2015 I would like to thank you for your time, effort, and love. You are not only a great principal but also a great teacher!

 Class of 2015, we had a great year! There were bad times and there were good times! We struggled together and we were always there to support each other! Good or bad, I will never forget the experience and memories I’ve had with all of you. Now that we have come to an end we will all have go our own way. It will be difficult for all of us to reunite again after this separation but our memories with each other will stay forever! I am really happy and I really appreciate getting to know each one of you! I love you all and I will really miss you guys! I wish you all the best after this!

Once again, the class of 2015 wants to thank all our teachers and family members! We thank all who have made this wonderful evening possible. We sincerely thank you all from the bottom of our heart!