Thursday, June 25, 2015

My Journey to a place at SCAD


My name is Alain Soekhlal, I am 18 year of age, and I am a recent graduate from the AlphaMax Academy.  My dream is to become a famous architect, and I hope that Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) can lead me there.

Alain with Jamiel

Two years ago, I visited SCAD in Georgia, and I was fascinated with the school.  I immediately knew that this was the place I wanted to be.  The school is filled with people from all across the globe. In addition, it is a very quiet place.
SCAD
At the time I was there, I gathered all the information I needed to know about how to apply, the various costs - housing fees, and meal plans.  A year ago, I started to apply online.  There were a number of different fields that were required for acceptance.  I needed a certain amount of money that would support me throughout the course years, I needed a score of 6.5 or higher in the IELTS test, and I needed to fill out a series of different sheets with my information about myself.

Approximately two months ago, I did the IELTS test, and got a score of 7.  I immediately sent my scores to the admissions office where Mrs. Ana Velez was responsible for my work.  I frequently emailed her with different questions and her requests for information.  After I sent my scores, Mrs. Velez had them checked.

 On May 19, 2015, I received an email from Mrs. Velez stating that I was accepted to SCAD.  I was overwhelmed with joy.  I was now another step closer to my dreams.  I then waited a few days for my i20 to arrive.  The i20 is a form that the school sends for the students to take to the American embassy when applying for a student visa.

 After I received the files, I had to report to the American embassy to request a student visa.  My request was approved.  On August 24, 2015, I will go to SCAD in Georgia and start my journey of becoming a well known Architect.

Alain Soekhlal GAC and AlphaMax Academy 2015 graduate